COVID-19 Information for Members
Updated: December 1, 2020 @ 1:00 pm
Speed Training is OPEN.
York Region is remains in RED ZONE (Control) restrictions as of Monday November 23, 2020.
The Speed Training Lab + High Performance Centre will remain open under O. Reg. 572/20: RULES FOR AREAS IN STAGE 2 – as a facility that trains athletes who play team sports. For more information about ZONES and Regulations please see – COVID-19 Response Framework: Keeping Ontario Safe and Open.
To accommodate physical distance regulations and to stay under the 10 people per room (including trainers and administrative staff), we are limited to 5-7 athletes training at one time.
We are revising our weekday hours and will be open 4pm to 9pm in order to accommodate smaller groups.
You must have an appointment to come in and train, as mandated. We regret that athletes who come in without a booking will be turned away.
You must schedule your appointment via the athlete’s portal. If you are having trouble using the athlete’s portal – please call us at 905-597-3555.
There will be 5-7 spots available per hour depending on training and trainer requirements. These spots will be first come first serve basis.
IMPORTANT RULES AND NOTES
- All athletes must maintain a physical distance of 3 meters at all times
- There will be no team training that involves games, scrimmages, 1-v-1 games or other contact.
- We will continue to regularly sanitize all surfaces, including lockers, between each use.
- No spectators. (Parents cannot walk athletes to training, for the exception of parents of children 8 years and younger, who can walk their children into the facility, but must wait in the car. They can come in to pick up the children when training is done.)
We apologize for the inconvenience, we know how important it is for you to support your children or loved–ones as they train. We look forward to the day we can share our floors with you again, and hear your love and encouragement, cheering the athletes on.
We are working closely with Vaughan Sportsplex II, team coaches, managers and athletes, to ensure that we remain compliant.
We understand that a lot of you are concerned about your health. We are taking all reasonable and possible measures to keep you safe, but we understand that some members may need to postpone their training.
To accomodate you, we have modified our policy and packages so that there are no expiration dates on memberships for the duration of the pandemic.
If you are feeling sick, and you have booked a session, we kindly ask that you notify us immediately by calling (905) 597-3555 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. See below for more information on cancellations and no shows. Likewise, if you test positive for COVID-19 and you were recently in our facility, we ask that you kindly inform us so we take appropriate actions.
|PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING COVID-19 PROTOCOLS FOR SPORTSPLEX & SPEED TRAINING LAB + HIGH PERFORMANCE CENTRE.|
Vaughan Sportsplex II
Vaughan Sportsplex II has designed a Facility Protocol using the suggestions and recommendations from the City of Vaughan and Province of Ontario’s Public Health Sector.
Below are the actions the Vaughan Sportsplex II Facility has taken in ensuring the safety and well-being of its visitors.
1) UPON EACH VISIT: Before entering Vaughan Sportsplex II for bookings, self-assessments MUST be completed by visiting our website, www.gtasportsplex.com
2) MASKS ARE MANDATORY when entering and exiting the facility. Those walking in without a mask will be asked to leave the premises, unless:
- Children under five years of age
- Individuals with medical conditions rendering them unable to safely wear a mask including breathing difficulties or cognitive difficulties or difficulties in hearing or processing information
- Anyone who has trouble breathing
- Anyone who is unable to remove the mask without help
3) Visitors MUST sanitize upon entering and exiting the facility.
4) No sharing of food or drinks.
5) Masks DO NOT need to be worn by players participating in physical activity and team play.
6) Access to change rooms is currently unavailable.
7) Physical Distancing practices must be maintained by all individuals at all times.
MEMBERS MUST REVIEW IN FULL - SPEED TRAINING COVID PROTOCOL
Speed Training is actively monitoring the situation and spread of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the Greater Toronto Area to ensure the health and safety of our members and staff.
What Safety Precautions Have We Implemented?
Speed Training/Soccer Fitness has implemented the following improvements:
- All athletes will have a temperature check upon arrival for training;
- Athletes must wait outside by the lockers to get their temperatures checked, all belongings are to be put in lockers or given to a family member, not brought inside.
- Parents will wait outside of the Training Lab, upstairs by bar or in the waiting area if there is room to physically distance. Parents cannot wait Sportsplex’s downstairs lobby or inside the training center; (NOT AVAILABLE DURING RED ZONE MEASURES)
We ask that you only to enter building ONLY 5 minutes before training;
- Athletes will only be permitted to enter the Training Centre at their scheduled training time, once the previous group has left, not before;
Athletes must bring their own full water bottle. If they need to use the water dispenser, they are to use only disposable dispenser cups;
Masks must be worn upon entering and leaving. Masks can be stored next to water bottle placement;
We have provided additional hand sanitizer stations, with disinfectant wipes and tissues throughout the training centre for members;
- We have increased frequency of sanitization and cleaning of fitness equipment, training surfaces, door handles, and other surfaces;
- We have improved communications to members and staff in regards to how they can prevent the spread of the virus;
- All member training with us must fill in Sportsplex II’s COVID Declaration form.
What Else Can You Do?
- Wash (for 30 seconds with soap) or Sanitize your hands upon entering Sportsplex II and the Speed Training Lab + High Performance Centre;
- Do not shake hands (including teammates) for the duration of the possible outbreak of the virus and until Public Health Advisories are lifted;
- Cough and sneeze into the bend of your arm or tissue, not your hand;
- Stay home and seek medical advice if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms;
- Wash your hands more frequently with soap and water or use hand sanitizer;
- If you have recently travelled, please follow public health advisories and practice self-isolation of 14 days;
- Stay informed of recent health advisories by visiting York Region Coronavirus Health Advisory Page: https://www.york.ca/wps/portal/yorkhome/health/yr/infectiousdiseasesandprevention/coronavirus/
If Speed Training Coaches and Management Team believe we need to take further action, we will be notifying our members through email and notices posted at our centre and this page. Please stay subscribed to our mailing list to receive notifications.
Should you prefer to forgo training for the next little while, we encourage you to sign-up for our 6-Weeks Out: AT-HOME Training Program. We designed this program to help people stay active and train, using a science based protocol, while they are at home.
IF YOU ARE FEELING SICK
If you are feeling sick – even if you think it is a “mild cold” – DO NOT come in to train. Some people do not have severe symptoms, therefore, we must protect those around us who may get severely ill, by taking the right precautions.
Check your temperature, monitor your symptoms, and if you have any COVID symptoms, we strongly recommend that you get tested.
If you test positive with COVID and you were recently training in our centre, that is, if you believe you may have been infected at the time of training, please notify us immediately so we can take appropriate steps.
Please note that as per the COVID DECLARATION FORM administered by Sportsplex II, all persons who show symptoms of COVID, whether they test positive or not, and all persons who knowingly have been in contact with an individual who has COVID (that is, have knowingly been exposed) are NOT PERMITTED to train until they receive clearance from their local health department or have maintained the appropriate period of isolation (14 days from last date of exposure).
Sanitization and limitations on training
In order to maintain high and ongoing sanitization of the training centre, groups have been limited to 10 athletes training at once. That means only 2 group of 5 athletes will train per hour and they will not be sharing equipment, aside from the treadmills. Treadmills will be wiped with disinfectant wipes after every use. All equipment will be wiped down at each use.
Doorknobs, counters, debit machine, and other relevant surfaces will be wiped with disinfectant wipes every hour, between training groups.
Tissues and hand sanitizer are provided throughout the centre. Athletes and family members accompanying them will be expected to sanitize their hands upon entering Vaughan Sportsplex II, as per Sportsplex’s protocols.
Upon entering the training centre, all members and their families must sign a declaration form upon coming to Vaughan Sportsplex II – available on the home page of their website – https://gtasportsplex.com/.
All members must answer TRUE to the following questions. Anyone for which one of these statements is FALSE must respectfully return home and will not be permitted to train until he/she can be deemed healthy following a two-week period.
- I am not experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms;
- I have not recently travelled anywhere;
- I have not been in contact with someone who has travelled to and returned from an affected area in the last 3 weeks;
- I have not knowingly been in contact with someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19 or someone displaying symptoms of the COVID-19 virus.
Members who knowingly make a false statement on their declaration form will be banned from Speed Training and those members will take full responsibility any losses due to the ban.
MEMBER TRAINING OPTIONS
Athletes, find the science-backed training and testing package that helps you reach your goals.